Flights to Costa Rica are multiplying in front of our eyes! As more flights from North America and Europe will be available to travelers at the end of the year due to the increase in both frequencies and routes.
Spanish airline Air Europa will add Costa Rica to its record of international destinations, according to news service Agencia EFE.
This flight will connect Madrid with the Juan Santamaría International Airport and will start in April. Although the ICT (Costa Rica Tourism Board) has not announced this flight officially.
Also, Canada’s Air Transat will begin flights from December 18 under the triangular model connecting Vancouver, San Jose, and Liberia.
With the same pattern, KLM will service the two Costa Rican international airports and Amsterdam starting October 29.
While, Jetblue and American Airlines, beginning in November, will offer approximately 100,000 additional seats (per year), with nonstop routes to John F. Kennedy Airport in New York.
The additional flights are a result of the Costa Rican Tourism Institute (ICT) promotional plan in Europe, the United States, and Canada.
More than 27 airlines connect Costa Rica with the Americas and Europe directly.
- Air France: Paris
- British Airways: London
- Condor: Frankfurt
- Edelweiss: Zurich
- Iberia: Madrid
- KLM: Amsterdam
- Lufthansa: Frankfurt
- TUI: London
North And Central America
- Aeroméxico: Mexico City
- Air Canada: Toronto
- Air Transat: Vancouver
- Alaska Airlines: Los Ángeles
- American Airlines: Dallas, Miami, Charlotte, Phoenix
- Avianca: Guatemala, San Salvador
- Copa: Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras
- Delta: Atlanta, Los Ángeles
- Jet Blue: Fort Lauderdale, Nueva York, Orlando
- Interjet: Mexico City
- United: Nueva York, Houston, Chicago, Denver
- Volaris: San Salvador, Guatemala, México City, Cancún, Los Ángeles, Washington D.C., New York
- Spirit: Fort Lauderdale, Orlando
- Southwest: Baltimore, Houston, Fort Lauderdale
- Sunwing: Toronto
- WestJet: Toronto
- Air Panama: Panama City
- Albatros: Caracas
- Avianca: Panama City, Lima, Bogotá
- Copa Airlines: Panama City
- LATAM: Lima